The Calgary Patriots foster long term growth and development of the athlete as a person, not only as a swimmer. To achieve this, we encourage the process of achieving excellence, not simply the attainment of the goal. We believe through emphasizing the process, each individual will develop strong personal characteristics, such as an appreciation for the value of hard work, teamwork, self-discipline and strong self-esteem. The Swim Club undertakes the responsibiity to provide each individual with the support necessary in their pursuit of excellence. We provide a safe and positive environment to foster the development of the skills required for each individual to achieve their goals.
Calgary Patriots foster long term growth and development of the athlete as a person, not only as a swimmer.
At the Calgary Patriots we believe that
"Excellence is an Attitude".
The Calgary Patriots is a competitive swim club dedicated to the overall development of individuals to their maximum potential.
We will strive to:
• Provide provincial, national and international experiences to those individuals who possess the ability, willingness and commitment to the pursuit of excellence.
• Offer safe, constructive, diverse, and rewarding experiences to all of our members.
• Encourage positive character development.
• Instill a lifelong love of the sport of swimming.
• Offer the best coaching and long term planning for the membership.
• Commitment to the pursuit of excellence.
• Dedication and hard work focused toward achieving individual and team goals.
• Fun, friendship, and sportsmanship with honesty and fair-mindedness.
• Physical fitness and a healthy lifestyle.
• Responsible behaviour, independence, and adaptability.
• Family support and parental involvement.
Aknowledgement of traditional territories
We would like to acknowledge the traditional territories and oral practices of the Blackfoot Nations, which includes the Siksika, the Piikani, and the Kainai. We also acknowledge the Tsuut’ina and Stoney Nakoda First Nations, the Métis Nation (Region 3), and all people who make their homes in the Treaty 7 region of Southern Alberta.